UPDATE: Descriptions Added
The finalists will compete for two awards (most creative and best tasting) on September 3 (Labor day).
- Deep Fried Mac-N-Cheese Slider - This three-cheese mac is baked until golden brown, battered in bread crumbs, deep-fried until crisp on the outside, warm and gooey on the inside. Placed on a slider bun with a griddled beef patty, this southern-style invention almost calls for a rocking chair and a front porch.
- Chicken-Fried Cactus Bites - Fairgoers will stick with these hand-picked prickly pear cactus pads, thinly sliced, chicken battered and deep fried to perfection. Served with a combination of sweet & spicy secret jalapeno ranch, and agave nectar dipping sauce.
- Deep Fried Jambalaya - A State Fair spin is given to this Cajun classic. This “from scratch” jambalaya is created using shrimp, cajun sausage and seasonings, then coated in lightly seasoned flour and fried to a golden perfection. This deep-fried Southern delectable will be served with a side of “made in house” spicy ranch sauce.
- Fried Bacon Cinnamon Roll - Deliciously fresh cinnamon roll dipped in a special sweet pancake batter, folled in crispy fried bacon crumbles, deep fried and sprinkled with powdered sugar. It’s a main course and a desert all in one.
- Picnic on a Stick - Pieces of delicious spicy fried chicken alternate tater tots and slices of dill pickle. Releated three times on a stick then dipped in batter, rolled in bread crumbs, and fried until golden brown, this picnic wouldn’t be complete without its choice of BBQ sauce, ranch, or honey mustard. BYO ants.
- Fried Pork Wing - This juicy morsel is slow cooked for six hours then lightly deep fried, rolled and tossed in a smoked bacon chipotle glaze. Accompanied by old-scool homemade potato chips lightly dusted in barbecue seasoning, it’s a sure crowd pleaser.
- Fried Mexican Firecrackers - A yummy, spicy chicken, cheese and jalapeno mix wrapped in fresh-made masa dough and deep fried to a crispy, crunchy, explosion of flavor. Served with firey TNT sauce.
- Deep-Fried Divine Chocolate Tres Leches Cake - A slice of chocolate tres leches cake soaked in buttermilk batter, and fried to perfection. A light sprinkle of cinnamon, topped with whipped cream, fresh strawberry slices and peaches are drizzled with a yummy syrup.
comments powered by Disqus