UPDATE: Descriptions Added
The finalists will compete for two awards (most creative and best
tasting) on September 3 (Labor day).
- Deep Fried Mac-N-Cheese Slider - This three-cheese mac is baked
until golden brown, battered in bread crumbs, deep-fried until crisp on
the outside, warm and gooey on the inside. Placed on a slider bun with a
griddled beef patty, this southern-style invention almost calls for a
rocking chair and a front porch.
- Chicken-Fried Cactus Bites - Fairgoers will stick with these
hand-picked prickly pear cactus pads, thinly sliced, chicken battered
and deep fried to perfection. Served with a combination of sweet & spicy
secret jalapeno ranch, and agave nectar dipping sauce.
- Deep Fried Jambalaya - A State Fair spin is given to this Cajun
classic. This "from scratch" jambalaya is created using shrimp, cajun
sausage and seasonings, then coated in lightly seasoned flour and fried
to a golden perfection. This deep-fried Southern delectable will be
served with a side of "made in house" spicy ranch sauce.
- Fried Bacon Cinnamon Roll - Deliciously fresh cinnamon roll dipped
in a special sweet pancake batter, folled in crispy fried bacon
crumbles, deep fried and sprinkled with powdered sugar. It's a main
course and a desert all in one.
- Picnic on a Stick - Pieces of delicious spicy fried chicken
alternate tater tots and slices of dill pickle. Releated three times on
a stick then dipped in batter, rolled in bread crumbs, and fried until
golden brown, this picnic wouldn't be complete without its choice of BBQ
sauce, ranch, or honey mustard. BYO ants.
- Fried Pork Wing - This juicy morsel is slow cooked for six hours
then lightly deep fried, rolled and tossed in a smoked bacon chipotle
glaze. Accompanied by old-scool homemade potato chips lightly dusted in
barbecue seasoning, it's a sure crowd pleaser.
- Fried Mexican Firecrackers - A yummy, spicy chicken, cheese and
jalapeno mix wrapped in fresh-made masa dough and deep fried to a
crispy, crunchy, explosion of flavor. Served with firey TNT sauce.
- Deep-Fried Divine Chocolate Tres Leches Cake - A slice of
chocolate tres leches cake soaked in buttermilk batter, and fried to
perfection. A light sprinkle of cinnamon, topped with whipped cream,
fresh strawberry slices and peaches are drizzled with a yummy syrup.